HMSHost is a global restaurateur and leader in travel dining, with locations in more than 100 airports worldwide and 99 motorways in North America.
HMSHost sought to challenge travelers with “kindness missions” in airports throughout the country with its #HMSHostLove Valentine’s Day activation, hoping to collectively spread “1,000 Acts of Kindness.”
To encourage passengers in busy airports to pay it forward for the third year of HMSHost’s Share Your Love campaign, we designed, fabricated, and merchandised a two-part activation featured in 9 airports across the country. First, we designed and built 32” L X 20” W X 30” H carts on wheels for Brand Ambassadors to push around to encourage travelers to grab one of the 8 pre-determined “Acts of Kindness.” The kindness missions included little interactions with strangers, such as grabbing a rose or a chocolate bar for yourself and one to give away.
The second part of this project included two-sided 8’x4’ display boards that we designed and built. Travelers could stop to decorate and write a message on a postcard to encourage a child in the hospital and then hang it on the display board. The activation included a branded floor decal, as well as a table with crafting supplies to decorate cards.
During each of the 9 activations, HMSHost filmed interviews asking people what an act of kindness meant to them. They combined the video messages into a special video montage about “1,000 Acts of Kindness” released on Valentine’s Day via their social media channels.
- Campaign Reach: The #HMSHostLove campaign spread more than 1,000 acts of kindness across the country. The campaign also brought in 1,800 cards that HMSHost sent in partnership with Cards for Hospitalized Kids, an internationally recognized charitable organization that spreads hope and joy to hospitalized children across America.
- Follow-On Work: Due to the success of the 2017 and 2018 campaigns, we launched it again in 2019, bringing in new creative elements, such as the carts that helped spread kindness to even more travelers.
- Award: The campaign has won the following awards:
- 2019 Moodie Award: Best Marketing Campaign: Food & Beverage Provider.
- 2017 HSMAI Adrian Award: Gold, Advertising Campaign.
Want to get in sync?Drop us a line