HMSHost is a global restaurateur and leader in travel dining for airports and motorways, with restaurants in over 120 worldwide airports as well as 99 turnpike travel plaza stops in North America. Leveraging their tagline, “Feeling Good on the Move,” HMSHost launched a new wellness initiative called “Eat Well. Travel Further.” Positioned as a health food takeover in targeted airports across the country and one motorway, the campaign offered busy travelers quick, wholesome snacks on the go.
Novak Birch was tasked with creating a pop-up shop for HMSHost’s “Eat Well. Travel Further.” campaign. Goals included:
- Position HMSHost as a leader in health food innovation within the travel
- Offer menu items that align with recent health food trends.
- Deliver the message that HMSHost supports health-conscious consumers.
- Enhance the guest experience by offering items that provide an emotional and tangible benefit and help travelers get to their destinations feeling happy and satisfied.
- We designed, fabricated, and produced eight pop-up shops and wrote the copy to launch the new campaign. Complete with a bistro chalkboard-inspired menu, refrigerator, and point-of-purchase displays, we created the carts to be easily assembled (including instructions) at airports and service plazas from New Jersey to Seattle.
- The fresh design and welcoming copy invited travelers to purchase a beverage or bento box and to try a drink sample. The carts offered wellness beverages in popular flavors like lemon, turmeric, and ginger, as well as themed bento boxes, including a protein box, paleo lunch box, and paleo snack box.
- The vibrant colors and on-trend grey-washed wood conveyed a sense of vitality and natural goodness, enhancing HMSHost’s goal to promote health-conscious food options for travelers.
- Successful Launch: The pop-up shops successfully launched in eight pilot locations. The campaign has officially launched in 11 airports at HMSHost food markets and stands.
- Awards: The campaign has won the following awards:
- 2019 Moodie Award: Best KOL-Led Campaign: Food & Beverage Operator. This category recognizes the best partnership between Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and airports, retailers, and brands in campaigns that demonstrate exceptional results in terms of audience, influence, and return on investment.
- 2017 HSMAI Adrian Award: Gold, Integrated Marketing Campaign.
- Media Recognition: The campaign was featured in The New York Times and QSR Magazine.
- Follow-On Work: We are working with HMSHost to design and fabricate permanent concession kiosks with the “Eat Well. Travel Further.” branding, with plans to install new kiosks in up to four airports in 2019.
Want to get in sync?Drop us a line