Brand USA is the destination marketing organization for the United States. As their marketing partner since 2012, we help plan and create their exhibit space at trade shows across the globe. One of these events is IPW, the travel industry’s premier international marketplace. Brand USA sponsors a dedicated space at IPW called Great Outdoors USA—an aisle of federal agencies and other organizations showcasing U.S. destinations and travel services.
Since 2014, Brand USA has tasked Novak Birch with uniting individual partner booths in the large Great Outdoors USA aisle into one cohesive space that gives each partner a greater presence at IPW. It’s important to ensure that each partner booth retains its own identity, while connecting them with one look-and-feel.
Each year, Novak Birch works with Great Outdoors USA partners (e.g., U.S. National Park Service and Smithsonian Institution) to unite 10+ booths in the 80’ x 30’ space. We evolve the design every year to include new partners as well as a new theme. To connect the booths, we work with each partner to understand their unique goals. Then, we apply a campaign theme throughout the space and incorporate branded elements to attract visitors.
Examples of these design elements include:
- A statement-making entrance archway welcomes visitors and sets the tone for the space with natural textures.
- Planters filled with cacti and grasses line the entrance to the aisle.
- A custom-designed aisle carpet with a topographic trail map anchors the space.
- We design, fabricate, and install wooden park posts with iconography for each booth.
- Each partner booth has a branded backdrop featuring iconic photography.
- A branded aviator above the booth offers wayfinding.
- Branded camping coolers offer storage, and picnic-style tables hold meetings and enhance the theme.
- The booth offers giveaways, such as branded trail mix.
The unified aisle attracted thousands of IPW attendees, increasing visibility for all 10+ partners and reinforcing Brand USA’s mission to promote U.S. travel destinations.
U.S. Forest Service Public Affairs Specialist Janelle Smith said, “You translated our ideas into artistic designs that are spot on. We look forward to working with you at next year’s IPW!”
Want to get in sync?Drop us a line