Novak Birch is looking for a seasoned 3D/experiential designer to join our talented creative team. This role requires expertise using 3D CAD software to design interactive environments, trade show exhibits, event activations, and other spaces. This role is responsible for working directly with our creative and in-house fabrication teams and multiple external vendors to bring these designs to life—so it’s a plus if you have experience in graphic design or on-site event management. And if you love dogs, well, you’re the perfect fit.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with an account manager, creative director, other designers, and fabricators to develop a thoughtful creative vision and then execute it. This includes designing event activations, trade show exhibit booths, and environmental projects for clients across diverse industries.
- Creating concepts and designs for high-impact user journeys and branded interactive environments, considering visitor flow, architectural elements, spatial interactions, furniture, lighting, and technology.
- Developing mood boards, sketches, 3D models, 3D renders, technical drawings, presentation and event packages, and handling art production.
- Coordinating print/production management of experiential projects by organizing production estimates, schedules, graphic and technical drawing file delivery, proof reviews, and delivery of materials.
- On-site tasks such as installation and set-up.
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of deadlines and self-directing your workload and priorities
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D CAD software, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent visual communication skills, including sketching, graphic design, 3D modeling, and rendering.
- At least 3–5 years of professional 3D design experience.
- At least 2 years of print production experience.
- A solid portfolio showing work across various media.
- The ability to take a project through its full life cycle, from concept to production.
- Must understand the implications of space planning and have the ability to integrate audience engagement strategies into architectural design solutions.
- Have a working knowledge of materials, technologies, construction techniques, and event production.
- Have the skills to articulate concepts and rationale to other team members and clients.
- The ability to take creative direction from others and provide constructive criticism.
- Effective time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to shift priorities based on client needs or challenges that arise.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, client-centric environment.
- Willingness to learn additional technical skills such as CNC setup.
- Experience working in fabrication (e.g., CNC routers, vinyl installation, and millwork).
- Loves dogs (kidding…well, kind of).
This is a salaried, in-office position. Travel will be required for events and installs that may be outside of normal business hours. Novak Birch offers a generous benefits package to its employees, including health insurance coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation/sick days, flex scheduling, profit sharing, and 401K.
Interested? Email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a PDF portfolio or link to online portfolio to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “3D/Experiential Designer” followed by your name. No calls, please.